Pete Turner, a researcher from Oxford Brookes University invites you to take part in a research study. The project aims to explore the memories of underage film viewers of the 1980s, analysing their film-viewing experiences, habits, tastes and memories in order to reconstruct a crucial period in the history of film viewing, technology and censorship in the UK.
The project will aim to gather 300 questionnaires filled in by people born between 1969 and 1980, and in a second phase conduct video interviews with at least 30 people. By the end of the project (which will last 3 years) we intend to share the results of the research in the following ways:
1. A podcast and documentary featuring interviews and analysis
2. Two journal articles in Participations and Horror Studies
3. Two conferences that will take place in Dublin and Lancaster
4. A website displaying all the material gathered.
5. A monograph
If you are interested in completing a questionnaire on your underage experiences of viewing forbidden films that were rated 18 or over, and you were born between 1969 and 1980, you are invited to contact Pete Turner: email@example.com.
This study will start in September 2020 and will involve two stages:
- A first stage (between September 2020 and February 2021) when 300 questionnaires will be completed by suitable participants online.
- A second stage (between September 2020 and February 2021), when 30 video-interviews will be conducted.
If you require further information before making a decision on whether to be involved in the study, please contact Pete Turner by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The research has been approved by the Ethics Committee at Oxford Brookes University.
Contact for Further Information
Dr Pete Turner
School of Arts
Faculty of Technology, Design and Environment
Oxford Brookes University
Richard Hamilton Building
Telephone number: 01865 484961 or 07758200435